"Let's Move Alameda” develops initiatives that will reduce and prevent obesity and encourage healthy nutrition and physical activity among all children and youth in the City of Alameda. Learn more about Let’s Move.
Pledge for a Healthy Lifestyle
On this day and every day I make a pledge to myself, my family and my friends.
- I will find a way to become active today, whether it is through exercise or daily activities.
- I understand that eating healthy is a way of life.
- I will eat more fruits and vegetables.
- I will drink more water and enjoy its benefits to my body and my health.
- I will celebrate the body I have and know that I can be healthy and fit.
- I will ask for help when I am struggling and know this is a sign of strength, not failure.
- I will do my best to support others who are also working hard to be healthy.
- I will have fun and live, love and laugh every day.
- I will participate in Let's Move! Alameda community events and activities as often as I can with a goal of 60 minutes of activity, 5 days a week.
- I will encourage others to take the Pledge for a Healthy Lifestyle.
The Goal: 60 minutes of activity, 5 days a week!
- Play more!
- Walk, bike, rollerblade, jump rope, dance, hula hoop.
- Visit a beach or local park.
- Go outside! Enjoy the fresh air!
- Go on a hike!
- Take family outings that include sports and physical activity.
- Join a recreational club, organized sport and/or workout group.
Help us reach our community-wide goal of 5,000 pledges!