The Asian community is one of the fastest growing ethnic groups in Alameda and the nearby communities. In 2007, Alameda Hospital established the Asian Health Outreach Program to help bridge cultural gaps and improve health care access for the growing Asian population.
Asian Health Outreach Program facilitates the pre-registration process and coordinates scheduling to minimize time spent at the hospital. The program’s goal is to enhance the patient’s experience at Alameda Hospital.
- Physician ordered radiology screenings
- Physician ordered laboratory services
- Interpretation service within the hospital, inpatient and outpatient
- Health education/wellness programs
- Physician referral
- Health and wellness resources
The Asian Health Outreach Program staff understands that the cultural and spiritual diversity of patients and their families influence health care decisions. As an important member of your health care team, the staff is committed to providing a supportive and caring environment.